VOLUNTEER WITH US
Become a CoWL volunteer
Carers of West Lothian are always looking to add volunteers to our wonderful team.
Volunteers help and enable us to deliver our services. Without the excellent support we receive from so many volunteers, we would be unable to help as many people as we do.
There are many ways in which you can volunteer with us, whether it is helping to get our newsletter out, being a volunteer driver with our Young carers service or Becoming a volunteer counsellor, we have varied roles suitable for a wide range of skills.
So why volunteer?
Each of our volunteer roles helps make a real difference to the lives of people supported by Carers of West Lothian. Our volunteers are as diverse as our roles. Whether you want to use your existing skills to help others or perhaps you want to learn something new, we can provide you with the training necessary.
If you would like to talk to someone about volunteering, please contact us.
Current volunteer openings
The treasurer’s primary role is to assist and advise the Board in overseeing the finances, chairing our Finance Committee and liaising with our Senior Administrator and CEO who will manage the day-to-day financial business.
This volunteering opportunity is offered on a flexible basis but may require 3 to 4 hours per month. In addition, you will be asked to attend one Board meeting each month.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- controlling and accounting for the organisation’s finances
- being a counter signatory to any major banking transaction
- overseeing investment strategy
- overseeing bookkeeping
- presenting financial reports, raising issues and answering questions at regular meetings including the Finance Committee, Board meetings and supporting our Auditors at the AGM
- liaising with the auditors for the annual review of accounts
- ensuring statutory returns are made to relevant regulators
- ensuring Finance Policy is reviewed in line with Policy Review Policy
- experience of financial management or accounts
- experience of fundraising and governance
- business acumen
- experience of the Third Sector would be useful
- have an understanding of and a sensitive approach towards the situations, needs and difficulties faced by carers and disabled people
- common sense
- commitment to working as part of a team
- willingness to share your ideas
Give us a call to arrange a meeting, either in person or virtually if you’re interested!
Call: 01506 448000 and ask to speak with Alison Wright, our CEO or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the button below to find out more about the role:
HELP OUT OF HOURS
West Lothian Council Social Work Services - website WLC Social Work
Out of Hours Emergency Service 01506 281028 / 281029
West Lothian Council main number 01506 280000
West Lothian Council Social Work Services 01506 282252
Open Monday - Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Telephone: 01506 448000
© Carers of West Lothian | website designed and built by braw.scot