Please note that the Short Breaks fund is currently unavailable, but please check again in October/November 2019. Thank you.
Time Out for Carers
We know that having a short break can make an enormous difference to carers and the people they care for by providing the space to rest, to be themselves, to pursue a hobby, catch up with friends or just relax and recharge.
For some people a short break is something they enjoy having together, and for others it is enjoying quality time apart. Carers of West Lothian’s Scottish Government funded project “Time Out” aims to provide grants, of up to £250, to help carers achieve this.
- A break away from your home either alone or with the person you care for
- Travel, accommodation and/or extra support to go to a specific family event
- The purchase of sitter services to give you time to yourself
- Part payment towards a holiday or respite that otherwise would not be able to happen
- Leisure opportunities that relieve stress and improve well being
- To pursue a hobby or take classes
How to Apply
You MUST read the Guide to Short Breaks before completing the application form and making payment.
All the information you require is included, plus a link to the application form which you can fill out online. Click below.
Other support and advice services
HELP OUT OF HOURS
West Lothian Council Social Work Services - website WLC Social Work
Out of Hours Emergency Service 01506 281028 / 281029
West Lothian Council main number 01506 280000
West Lothian Council Social Work Services 01506 282252
© Carers of West Lothian | website designed and built by braw.scot