We are very excited to announce that Carers of West Lothian has received some additional funding for respite from Scottish Government through Shared Care Scotland Short Breaks. This new funding is designed to help carers of all ages, living in West Lothian, with the challenges this current lockdown has imposed.
The funding available is to help reduce social isolation and is designed to give carers a break from caring at home. This fund is open now but is for a very limited time only.
Some things that carers have already applied for:
- Electronic equipment such as a laptop, tablet or smart mobile phone
- Gaming e.g. Nintendo switch, xbox or vouchers
- Games and jigsaw puzzles
- Subscriptions for audio books/ magazines
- Online classes e.g keep fit, cookery, study
- TV subscriptions e.g. Netflix, Disney+
- Equipment for a hobby or interest e.g. craft supplies
- Online tutoring for home schooling
- Musical instrument
- Garden equipment or furniture
- Additional befriending or sitter services (must be able to arrange yourself)
How do I apply?
Due to the tight timeline you can only apply using the online application, by emailing office@carers-westlothian and asking for an application or by phoning 01506 448000 and completing the application with one of our support workers.
ALL funding awards must be spent or returned by the 31st of March 21.