Information, advice and support for all unpaid carers and disabled people.
We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Please contact us to arrange an in-person visit.
Click here to register with our service or make a referral
Who we are
Carers of West Lothian is a well-established charity offering a range of services developed to meet the needs of unpaid carers and disabled people in West Lothian.
It was started in 1990 by a small group of people, themselves carers, who recognised the need carers had for information and support. They were concerned about the lack of support in West Lothian and used their own experience to set up a service to support carers like themselves.
Today, through our support, we aim to help every unpaid carer and disabled person in West Lothian to live their lives the way they choose.
What we do
We offer a wide range of services, advice and support, including –
- Information and advice
- One to one emotional support
- Hospital based carer support
- Peer support groups
- Signposting and referral to support services
- Individual & group support for young carers
- Recreational Courses
- Short Break Funding
Explore our online groups and assistance
Disability information and advice service
We provide free disability information and advice to anyone living in West Lothian with a physical and/or learning disability.
What type of support do we offer?
- Someone to talk to – face to face, over the telephone or via email/social media
- Benefits advice and support with form filling (benefits advice clinic is by appointment only)
- Power of Attorney clinic (appointment required)
- Information on community support services
- Signposting and referrals to other services
- Information on your rights
- Training opportunities
- Opportunities to have a say on local services
- Factsheets and publications
You can help us
You can help our work by donating, fundraising or by volunteering
We are a Registered Scottish Charity No. SC019628 and Company Limited by Guarantee
Where to find us
Sycamore House, Quarrywood Court, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 6AX
We are just off Alderstone Road, about 5 minutes walk from both St John’s Hospital and Lidl.
If you are driving to us there is good parking available at our offices.
HELP OUT OF HOURS
West Lothian Council Social Work Services - website WLC Social Work
Out of Hours Emergency Service 01506 281028 / 281029
West Lothian Council main number 01506 280000
West Lothian Council Social Work Services 01506 282252
Open Monday - Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Telephone: 01506 448000
© Carers of West Lothian | website designed and built by braw.scot