BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Become a CoWL volunteer
Carers of West Lothian are always looking to add volunteers to our wonderful team.
Volunteers help and enable us to deliver our services. Without the excellent support we receive from so many volunteers, we would be unable to help as many people as we do.
There are many ways in which you can volunteer with us, whether it is helping to get our newsletter out, being a volunteer driver with our Young carers service or Becoming a volunteer counsellor, we have varied roles suitable for a wide range of skills.
So why volunteer?
Each of our volunteer roles helps make a real difference to the lives of people supported by Carers of West Lothian. Our volunteers are as diverse as our roles. Whether you want to use your existing skills to help others or perhaps you want to learn something new, we can provide you with the training necessary.
If you would like to talk to someone about volunteering, please contact us.
Current volunteer openings
Title of Post: Volunteer Driver
Employer: Carers of West Lothian
Hours: Up to 3 hours per week
Note: Work will be undertaken on an ad hoc basis and may be out with normal office hours, including evening work.
Transport: Postholders must have access to a car and provide appropriate insurance cover
Purpose: To assist staff in providing support to young carers by helping to transport the young carers to and from a group
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transport to and from support groups
- Be punctual and reliable when picking up the people and make sure your ID card is visible
- Give plenty of notice if your availability changes
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the carers and possible conversations in the car and share with a member of staff if you have any concerns
- Report to a member of staff immediately if there are any incidents, accidents or disclosures
- An understanding of and a sensitive approach towards the situations, needs and difficulties faced by all carers
- Good listening, verbal and communication skills
- Valid drivers licence and safe driving record with a maximum of 3 demerit points
- Access to a car that is road worthy, hold business car insurance
- Have no health conditions that may impair their ability to drive safely
The post holder will be required to undergo a full Disclosure Scotland check prior to taking up the post.
HELP OUT OF HOURS
West Lothian Council Social Work Services - website WLC Social Work
Out of Hours Emergency Service 01506 281028 / 281029
West Lothian Council main number 01506 280000
West Lothian Council Social Work Services 01506 282252
© Carers of West Lothian | website designed and built by braw.scot