Information, advice and support for all unpaid carers and people with disabilities
Who we are
Carers of West Lothian is a well-established voluntary organisation offering a range of services that have been developed specifically to meet the needs of carers and their families.
It was started in 1990 by a small group of people, themselves carers, who recognised the need carers had for information and support. They were concerned about the lack of support for carers in West Lothian and used their own experience to set up a service to support carers like themselves.
Today, Carers of West Lothian offers a range of services that have been developed specifically to meet the needs of carers and their families.
What we do
We offer a wide range of services, advice and support, including –
- Information and advice
- One to one emotional support
- Hospital based carer support
- Signposting and referral to support services
- Carer support groups
- Recreational courses
- Individual & group support for young carers
Disability information and advice service
We provide free disability information and advice to anyone living in West Lothian with a physical and/or learning disability.
What type of support do we offer?
- Someone to talk to – face to face, over the telephone or via email/social media
- Benefits advice and support with form filling (benefits advice clinic is by appointment only)
- Power of Attorney clinic (appointment required)
- Information on community support services
- Signposting and referrals to other services
- Information on your rights
- Training opportunities
- Opportunities to have a say on local services
- Factsheets and publications
You can help us
You can help our work by donating or by volunteering
We are a Registered Scottish Charity No. SC019628 and Company Limited by Guarantee
Where to find us
Sycamore House, Quarrywood Court, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 6AX
We are just off Alderstone Road, about 5 minutes walk from both St John’s Hospital and Lidl.
If you are driving to us there is good parking available at our offices.
We will reply to your enquiry as soon as possible. Thank you.
Carers of West Lothian
Livingston, West Lothian
HELP OUT OF HOURS
West Lothian Council Social Work Services - website WLC Social Work
Out of Hours Emergency Service 01506 281028 / 281029
West Lothian Council main number 01506 280000
West Lothian Council Social Work Services 01506 282252
© Carers of West Lothian | website designed and built by braw.scot